Uninett provides College internet access.
All campuses have wireless networks for Internet access. All computer labs are cabled, providing access to the student network and the Internet. Also, certain other locations offer cabled access for greater performance.
Student dormitories have internet access
- SiTel (not the college) is responsible for their own local area networks
- The college IT-group is responsible for providing internet access
- Services offered may be restricted for security and capacity reasons
- fronter, email and other basic services have priority
- Some sevrvices are not provided (closed) (say TCP port 25. Web-mail services like studpost.hit.no og hotmail.com is availabl.)
- Most UDP ports are closed and TCP connections are locally available only.
- File sharing is resource intensive. Extensive sharing (or sharing of material with copyright) is not acceptable.
- Contact email@example.com with any request for changes or problems that you experience. Such request will be considered, but only request that confirm with general policy will be implemented.