Admission requirements for Master in Technology
The following information is relevant for applicants with a Bachelor's degree from outside Norway and the Nordic countries. If you have a bachelor degree from Norway or another Nordic country please read the information on the Norwegian pages.
The requirement for English proficiency for applicants with a bachelor degree from outside the Nordic countries may be met in one of the following ways:
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0. An IELTS test is only valid for two years. You must take the Academic test.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 for a paperbased test, a score of at least 210 for a computer-based test or minimum 80 for an internet-based test. A TOEFL test is only valid for two years.
- Bachelor’s degree from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland or New Zealand with English as the language of instruction.
Since the language of instruction is English you do not have to know any Norwegian.
You must have an education equivalent to a Norwegian Bachelor's degree to be eligible for a Master's programme in technology. That would mean at least three years of higher education, in addition to the minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway.
Energy and Environmental Technology AND Process Technology:
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemical-, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering (related programs may also be accepted).
- Mathematics at the level of Mathematics III (at TUC), or the equivalent, is required
- Passed a bachelor course in Thermodynamics (minimum 5 credits)
- Passed a bachelor course in Fluid Mechanics (minimum 5 credits)
Systems and Control Engineering
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronicals or Computer Science (related programmes may also be accepted)
- Mathematics at the level of Mathematics III (at TUC), or the equivalent
- Passed a bachelor course in Control Theory (Knowledge about Closed Control Loops and PID controllers) at minimum 5 credits
- Passed a bachelor course in Programming Language, at minimum 5 credits
- Passed a bachelor course in Electro/Electronics (Knowledge about resistors, capacitors, inductors and transistors) at minimum 10 credits