Body, Health and Movement
The course provides insight and inspiration into issues concerning body and health on the basis of an interdisciplinary and unifying perspective. Students will be encouraged to adopt an analytical and reflective attitude towards health-related issues.
The main topics:
- Health behaviour, physical activity, outdoor recreation - public health
- Various forms of physical activity and how this influences circulatory characteristics
- The relationship between nature and health - a historical perspective of health / nature
- The search for the perfect body
- The relational body - the body, sensuality and experience
- Outdoor recreation - recreational and preventive health care
- Inactivity and obesity - physical activity and outdoor recreation
- Importance of experiences. Education / motivation themes
For more detailed information about the course’s curriculum please click on the link on the right.
For an application form please click on the link on the right. The registration deadline is December 1st. After the deadline: please contact us to find out if there are vacant course places.
The lectures will be given on Wednesdays from 26 January to 23 March, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Bø campus in Telemark. The first lecture will be given Wednesday 26 January.
This further educational course is intended for people who work with body and health in schools, institutions and organisations. Regular students may also take this course as a supplementary course.