Office and computer
Your office computer - laptop or desktop?
Employees and PhD-students (full- time) will have access to a computer provided and supported by the IT-services group. From this computer a range of services will be available (see menu).
- Faculty staff may choose laptop or desktop when their assigned computer is due for replacement
- Administrative staff: desktop as a rule
- If you are not full- time you may have to share (depends)
- Your office laptop will come with a docking station, separate monitor, mouse and keyboard
- If required a rollermose or similar will be provided (ask us)
- store your work on m:\ - here backup is provided
What kind of computer may I expect?
- Suitable for regular office work
- If you require a more powerful computer we may upgrade it (subject to departemental financing, and other restrictions)
- Desktops should be replaced within 5 years, laptops within 3. The IT-services group is your point of contact
Need an extra computer?
- All college computers are purchased and registered by the IT-services group
- Models are standardized. Non-standard computers cannot be supported (at leats not to the same extent), and must always be financed by your department. Exceptions to this must be agreed upon beforehand
- Non-supported computers cannot expect a fixed IP-address, helpdesk support, software and similar
Your private computer
- Do not expect a lot of support, our capacity is limited
- Some software may be provided, depending on their license type